About OTTER BAthroom Fan
The OTTER bathroom fan is a single room fan with timed overrun feature and is particularly suitable for a ducted system as with it’s high performance motors it can extract air over extended distances.
The low-watt fan system operates on an overrun proportional timer activated by the light switch. The OTTER utilises an energy efficient MagLev motor, offering great efficiency, quiet operation and exceptionally long life (up to 50,000 hours of operation). No user or installation set up is required.
Features and Benefits
- Incorporates Maglev DC fan motors – designed to operate for 50,000+ hours fault free which means:
- Almost silent operation
- Cost effective as it is inexpensive to run, low maintenance and has a long life.
- Can be fixed in any orientation without affecting performance (wall, ceiling)
- High performance low wattage energy efficient solution for ducted systems
- Polycarbonate ABS mix with fire retardant housing which provides a robust and high temperature resistant casing.
- Produces up to 110m3/h of air flow thereby conforming to building regulations part F Lifetime* guarantee on the MagLev motor and 5 year guarantee on all other parts giving peace of mind
- 12V Power Supply / Timer or 240v supply options with IP54 connection for new or replacement systems and so is safe for use in wet areas i.e. Zone 1.
- The OTTER is programmed for proportional timer control so is energy efficient and does not run unnecessarily
- Hand removable front grilles – these dishwasher safe front grilles are easy to clean (fixed and tamper proof grille fittings are available for public locations).
What is MagLev Technology
MagLev fans are derived from the most advanced train technology in the world. We have integrated the science behind making the MagLev trains float above the rails and propel forward, into our complete range of domestic fans.
The levitation of the blade and housing is created through opposing magnetic forces causing propulsion through perpendicular magnetic fields. This means that there is no physical contact between the moving parts and therefore no mechanical friction. This in turn means that the fan temperature is low and there is less waste of energy and less wear to the components. No friction also results in exceptionally high efficiency, quieter running and improved balance. All these features make a highly reliable motor with around 30 years life expectancy under normal operating conditions * Lifetime = lifetime of fan motor >50,000 hours in normal conditions
OTTER Wiring Diagram
General Notes on Fan Installations
The fan position should be as far as practical from the main source of air replacement. This is to avoid short-circuiting of the airflow. The fan can be placed on a wall or ceiling. The OTTER fans have a 98mm spigot to fit onto a circular 100mm ducting system.
For more information, please contact us.
And for the Specifier…
The OTTER T is supplied with a proportional timer. It can be installed onto an existing ducted system. The fan will include 2 MagLev motors of not more than 4 Watts each extracting at no less than 85M3/h. It will be provided with a backdraft valve and removable filters.