Dryvent B high performance fan: removes bathroom condensation fast.
About DRYVENT B
The DRYVENT B bathroom fan is a high performance, dehumidifying fan designed for particularly demanding condensation control requirements of bathroom environments. It is particularly effective for use in properties suffering from damp conditions.
DRYVENT B continually extracts on low speed to remove moisture laden air at source before it can condense. This background level of ventilation also improves the air quality throughout the property.
This condensation control is achieved through the inclusion of an internal, microprocessor driven Autostat unit. When the built-in Autostat detects the humidity level rising above acceptable levels the fan triggers into high speed delivering powerful performance when it is needed most.
There are three RHL DRYVENT B versions available:
12V – comes with remote 12V transformer and integral AUTOSTAT smart humidity controller;
240V – integral AUTOSTAT smart humidity controller, 240V version;
BP – window mounted fan, comes with integral AUTOSTAT smart humidity controller, remote 12V transformer and window mountingkit.
Features and Benefits
- Incorporates the RHL Autostat humidity controller which continually monitors ambient humidity and automatically adjusts the control level accordingly
- Low energy, low cost continuous running at 20m3/h (Low speed)
- Incorporates a data-logger that captures humidity, temperature and fan operation providing details on the dwelling air quality for improved condensation control management
- Automatic switch to high speed when required
- Incorporates MagLev DC fan motors – designed to operate for 50,000+ hours fault free which means:
- Almost silent operation
- Cost effective as it is inexpensive to run, low maintenance and has a long life.
- Can be fixed in any orientation without affecting performance (wall, ceiling)
- Polycarbonate ABS mix with fire retardant housing which provides a robust and high temperature resistant casing.
- Produces up to 80m3/h of air flow thereby conforming to building regulations part F
- Lifetime* guarantee on the MagLev motor and 5 year guarantee on all other parts giving peace of mind
- 12v Power Supply / Timer or 240v supply options with IP54 connection for new or replacement systems and so is safe for use in wet areas i.e. Zone 1
- The Dryvent B is programmed for proportional timer control so is energy efficient and does not run unnecessarily
- Manual override option via light switch
What is MagLev Technology
MagLev fans are derived from the most advanced train technology in the world. We have integrated the science behind making the MagLev trains float above the rails and propel forward, into our complete range of domestic fans.
The levitation of the blade and housing is created through opposing magnetic forces causing propulsion through perpendicular magnetic fields. This means that there is no physical contact between the moving parts and therefore no mechanical friction. This in turn means that the fan temperature is low and there is less waste of energy and less wear to the components. No friction also results in exceptionally high efficiency, quieter running and improved balance. All these features make a highly reliable motor with around 30 years life expectancy under normal operating conditions
* Lifetime = lifetime of fan motor >50,000 hours in normal conditions
General Notes on Fan Installations
The fan position should be as far as practical from the main source of air replacement. This is to avoid short-circuiting of the airflow. The fan can be placed on a wall or ceiling. The Dryvent fans have a 98mm spigot to fit onto a circular 100mm ducting system.
For more information, please contact us.
And for the Specifier…
The Dryvent B is supplied with an internal Autostat and internal proportional over run timer It can be installed though a wall or onto an existing ducted system. The fan will include 2 MagLev motors of not more than 4 watts each extracting automatically at no less than 80m3/h.