About HERITAGE WINDOW PANELS
The HERITAGE WINDOW PANELS provide an elegant and secure solution for window mounted extraction fans and are an ideal solution for conservation/heritage areas where no external appearance of a fan or grille is permitted. These panels are available with either 100mm apertures for bathrooms or 150mm apertures for kitchens.
They are also recommended as a safe solution for the installation of window fans in high rise living accommodation or “difficult to reach” places, as they do not require there to be external access for the initial fan installation or maintenance as all works are carried out from the interior of the building.
As an alternative to “normal” window fan installations, the HERITAGE WINDOW PANELS offer a secure solution as the fan is installed behind the external glazing panel and does not allow access from outside.
Features and Benefits
- Fans are fitted from the inside making this a safe solution for high rise or difficult to reach installations
- As the fan is not integrated into the window but positioned and attached inside the window, it can simply be unscrewed and replaced
- There is no opportunity for an intruder to remove the fan and lean through to undo the window catch.
- For builders, the building can be completed and the fans installed by the electrician at a later date
- Supplied as a sealed unit with integrated aperture and louvers for ease of installation.
- An integrated clear acrylic baffle is available for high level (above 6 floors) and exposed locations to significantly reduce draft.
- The external panel is manufactured in a translucent finish to match the appearance of the glass and is supplied in smoked acrylic, Cotswold (frosted) acrylic and glass hybrid configurations enabling a close match to the buildings existing windows.
- The Pilkington K Glass /acrylic hybrid model is suitable for high level properties which require reinforced safety glass
- Together the Pilkington K glass and acrylic panels make the double glazed panels more heat efficient meaning that not only does it save energy but addresses those organisations who have a CO2 agenda
- In some installations these panels have been used without the fan for passive ventilation.
- Conforms to the same specifications requirements as glass windows: BS 6375 part one and BS 6399 part two, Exposure Category “B”
- Standard panel dimensions are up to 1.2m length and width. However larger or different shaped panels can be custom designed, manufactured and tested subject to specific requirements offering a wide range of versatile installation options
- UV resistant for longer life
- 10 year guarantee giving peace of mind.
Bespoke Laser Cutting Technology
rhldirect.com offer a wide range of laser precision cut ventilation accessories, from acrylic baffles to complete double glazed panels designed, developed and fully manufactured by our dedicated team of experts, using state of the art laser precision tooling. Our bespoke laser precision cut accessories are designed and manufactured with durability, prac- ticality and aesthetic appearance in mind.
Notes on Ordering
All panels are built to order and we will discuss your requirements with you. We will require: size (H,W,D); 100mm or 150mm aperture, position of aperture (height and width to centre point); composition of unit (all acrylic, glass/acrylic); choice of glass (toughened clear, obscured with pattern choice).
General Notes on Installations
The Heritage Window panels require no specialist knowledge and should be installed by a glazier in the same way as a normal double glazed window cassette.
And for the Specifier
The Heritage Double Glazed Window Panel shall be supplied as a complete sealed unit with integrated louvers, aperture and fixings suitable for a WOLF K- DG-ACR or a WOLF B-DG-ACR. It shall comprise of acrylic /and glass panels (delete as appropriate), the design specified to suit the existing windows. The height, width and depth are to be supplied as part of the order for each window aperture. For installations on the 6th floor and above, or in exposed locations, an integrated clear acrylic baffle is required.