About BluRay Dryvent 100 Bathroom Fan
The BluRay Dryvent 100 fan is a multifunctional app-controlled high performance, dehumidifying fan designed for the particularly demanding condensation control requirements of bathroom environments.
As well as a multifunctional fan controlled by app, it includes speed control. This unit is particularly effective for damp conditions. It is also very neat, below surface fan, nothing seen except front grille.
Basic operational setting = as a Dryvent unit to run continually on extract at low speed to remove moisture laden air at source before it can condense. This condensation control is achieved through the inclusion of an internal Autostat unit. When the built-in Autostat detects the humidity level rising above acceptable levels the fan triggers into high speed delivering powerful performance when it is needed most. Autostat unit is controlled by remote switch or app bluetooth control.
BlueRay Dryvent B Bathroom Fan Features and Benefits:
- Incorporates the Autostat humidity controller which continually monitors ambient humidity and automatically adjusts the control level accordingly
- Speed control via smartphone app
- Low energy, low cost continuous running at 50m³/h (Low speed)
- Incorporates a data-logger that captures humidity, temperature and fan operation providing details on the dwelling air quality for improved condensation control management, all available with bluetooth download
- Automatic switch to high speed when required
- Incorporates reversible Maglev DC fan motors – designed to operate for 50,000+ hours fault free, which means:
- Almost silent operation on trickle
- Cost effective as it is inexpensive to run, low maintenance and has a long life
- Can be fixed in any orientation without affecting performance (wall, ceiling)
- Air flow continuous, thereby conforming to building regulations part F
- 5 year guarantee on fan motors giving peace of mind
- The BluRay fans are programmed for proportional overrun timer control, minimal operation at high speed
What is MagLev Technology
MagLev fans are derived from the most advanced train technology in the world. We have integrated the science behind making the MagLev trains float above the rails and propel forward, into our complete range of domestic fans.
The levitation of the blade and housing is created through opposing magnetic forces causing propulsion through perpendicular magnetic fields. This means that there is no physical contact between the moving parts and therefore no mechanical friction. This in turn means that the fan temperature is low and there is less waste of energy and less wear to the components. No friction also results in exceptionally high efficiency, quieter running and improved balance. All these features make a highly reliable motor with around 30 years life expectancy under normal operating conditions * Lifetime = lifetime of fan motor >50,000 hours in normal conditions
General Notes on Fan Installations
The fan position should be as far as practical from the main source of air replacement. This is to avoid short-circuiting of the airflow. The Dryvent 100B has a 100mm spigot and is supplied with a sleeve to an external grille (supplied as standard in brown, other colours are available upon request at time of order).
For a window installation a 120mmØ hole is required. For a wall installation a 112mmØ hole is required.
Other installation options are available.
And for the Specifier
The BluRay Dryvent is supplied with an override switch, and can be installed through the bathroom wall or window. The fan will include a MagLev motor of not more than 4 watts extracting at no less than 85m3/h. The fan has automatic shutters, an Autostat humidity control and a 12V SELV transformer.