About AS2 Kitchen Fan
AS2 Kitchen Fan is a stylish yet robust 240V fan designed for effective humidity control operation within kitchen environments. All AS2 Kitchen Fan kits include a remote AUTOSTAT smart humidity controller which can be placed away from the fan. This fan is particularly useful when it is important for the humidity sensor to be located away from the fan for optimal humidity control.
AS2 Kitchen Fan is supplied in a kit form for either wall, window or double glazing installation (150mm/6 inch back spigot).
The AS2 includes a removable stainless steel grease filter that can be easily removed for cleaning and is dishwasher proof.
AS2 Kitchen Fan Features and Benefits
- The remote AUTOSTAT humidity controller allows for optimum positioning of the fan yet monitors kitchen humidity levels close to their source around the clock. There are no user adjustments to the AUTOSTAT.
- The remote AUTOSTAT (humidity controller) is perfectly in tune with normal living conditions and;
- Responds to changes (and uniquely, small changes) in air humidity therefore requiring no manual adjustment to retain the air quality in your home
- Incorporates a data-logger that captures humidity, temperature and fan operation providing details on the dwelling air quality for improved condensation control management
- A removable stainless steel filter, which is dish washer safe, protects the fan blades and shutters giving longer life
- Electromechanical automatic shutters operate silently and prevent drafts
- Polycarbonate ABS mix with fire retardant housing which provides a robust and high temperature resistant casing. Not only does this give you more choice in fan location but also a more effective ventilation system and removal of cooking moisture and odours
- Produces in excess of 225m3/h (when installed in accordance with the correct installation instructions) of air flow thereby conforming to building regulations part F
- 5 year guarantee giving peace of mind
Upon installation, the AUTOSTAT will self test indicating as follows:
First power up: Flashes red on and off every second for 5 minutes. Humidity sensing: Flashes green on and off once every second. Pull cord over ride on: Red continuous.
AS2 Kitchen Fan Wiring Diagram
General Notes on Fan Installations
The fan position should be as far as practical from the main source of air replacement. This is to avoid short- circuiting of the airflow. The AS2 has a 150mm spigot and sleeve (which is supplied) to an external grille (supplied as standard in brown. Other colours are available upon request at time of order). The ducting hole through the wall requires a minimum of a 5 degree downward slope to the outside. For a window installation a 155mmØ hole is required. For a wall installation a 160mmØ hole is required.
The AUTOSTAT should be located on an internal wall at a high level close to the moisture source or between the moisture source and external doorway. The top edge is to be 50 – 100mm down from the ceiling and it should be positioned clear of corners > 150mm, clear of any protrusions, cupboards etc. The AUTOSTAT should be positioned away from heat source and not within 1000mm of a radiator, a grill or hob
If the room/ dwelling contains a fuel burning device such as a gas boiler with a non-balanced flue, it is essential that there is enough replacement air to prevent fumes being drawn down the flue where the fan is extracting.
And for the Specifier…
The AS2 is supplied with a 2 speed extractor fan with override switch, and can be installed through the kitchen wall /or window. The fan will include a motor of not more than 25 watts extracting at no less than 220m3/h on high speed. The fan has automatic shutters, a remote Autostat humidity control and remov- able stainless steel filter.